Sunday 10 August 2014

This Week's Wish List: Minimal

This week's New In love-in is ASOS. I decided to choose pieces that had a minimal/basic vibe about them because I am constantly buying clothes with bright patterns or noticeable features which makes me feel as though I can only wear them a few times. It's important to build up a good selection of basics for your wardrobe, as these are the pieces that we go back to time and time again.


Clothing


I just love this cape. I can just imagine it being so comfy on those cold winter days! It also comes in black...might have to get both!

So simple, so chic.

I love a jumper, especially if it's a turtle neck, and this elegant looking grey one would look good with anything from jeans to a black pleated skirt.

Although this doesn't look like much for the price, the material is a beautiful mix of cotton and wool and it has a pleated detail on the back so it drapes amazingly. The length is great for everyday wear too.

I have grown to covet a pair of culottes, whereas when they first burst onto the scene I wasn't so convinced by them. These grey ones look like they could make any top look stylish.

Styled in the wrong way, I don't think that this dress would have made it onto my wishlist. However the model that they've used gives the dress a more 90s vibe than a girl-in-the-club look. This dress could be played down for casual days by wearing a white short sleeved tee underneath.


Accessories 


Like culottes, mules are a shoe that have grown on me through the season. Now, I want a pair and keeping in with this week's minimal theme, these are perfect!

ASOS have been coming up with an updated version of this bag each season for a while now, and the colours of this new one are perfect for Autumn.

For some reason, people always assume that I am taller than I actually am, even in flats. Having shoes with a slight heel allows me to trick people even further!

A lot of girls think that small bags are pointless... but not me! They're great for those times when you're just visiting a friend or going shopping and only need your keys, phone and purse. This one at £15 is a steal!

I've never owned a pair of Vans, however seeing this pair has made me think twice about them. I'm a sucker for snakeskin print.



Have you got anything in your Saved Items box that you'll be buying come pay day? Leave a comment below and let me know!




6 comments:

  1. Wow all of these items would definitely be on my wishlist too! Love the black dresses and the mules

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice selections!!

    http://everybodyssunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love no. 2 from the accessories set! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it's great to know if you've enjoyed reading my blog! Leave a link and I'll check out your blog too xxx