Sunday 16 November 2014

ASOS SS15 Press Day

This week, ASOS held their Spring/Summer '15 press day to showcase some of their main concepts for the coming season. It had something for everyone - from the super fun to the highly sophisticated - proving that they are a simple, one stop destination for every fashion loving girl (and guy). 

ASOS themselves had split up each area into a different trend, so I thought that I would break them down even further and show you the pieces that I thought would be most wearable for next season.




The first trend I picked up on was this really cool "city chic" vibe. It was all about bags in sleek shapes and oversized, longline (yet still sophisticated) clothes. The muted tones created an almost autumnal feel which is something unique for S/S and means that there will be an alternative to the cliché pastels that are normally around that time of year. The trend also proved that the blanket cape and sleeveless waistcoat are here to stay, meaning that hopefully we'll be able to grab a few more in the January Sales and wear them over into Spring.



The second trend I picked out was this "edgy meets dainty" type of styling. ASOS showed that you can mix really quirky jewellery pieces with more delicate fabrics and prints to create a more edgy look.  The mix of gold, pearls and studs will make ASOS a sure stop for jewellery in Spring!


What are your first impressions of the styles to come?




14 comments:

  1. Hey Alice,

    Loved seeing these pics from the collection - especially the jewellery! Really pretty stuff :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog!!

    I am so jealous you work for Asos and get to go all these amazing events!!

    CLAIRELOUISE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see some matchy matchy black and white stripes sign me up! xx
    http://alldeathbydiamonds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'edgy meets dainty' sounds perfect and definitely a trend I'll be looking into! The nude floral embroidered skirt shown in the last photo set is to die for! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the look of it especially that soft grey backpack!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! I'm glad they're bringing out something other than pastels, not fond of that trend too much x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love Asos!

    GIVEAWAY (win a CAPE)HERE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looks great! I love the edgy meets dainty style! I love pearls and tulle and things, but with a more city style. Those earrings look AWESOME.

    I was nominated for a Liebster Award and when I had to pick other nominees, I thought of you! You can participate or not, no pressure! But I think you're a great blogger and would love to learn more about you!

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many amazing clothes and pieces! Definitely wish I could have seen it all!

    Georgia | www.georgiajade.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many amazing pieces - I love Asos (:

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love the jewellery so super stylish and pretty, I just love Asos thanks for sharing those lovely pieces!

    much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it's great to know if you've enjoyed reading my blog! Leave a link and I'll check out your blog too xxx